1. A Fuller View of China: Chinese Art at the Seattle Art Museum. Seattle: University of Washington Press, 2014.
2. (Ed.) Two Masters, Two Generations, and One Vision for Modern Chinese Painting: Paintings by Gao Jianfu (1879-1951) and Lui Shou-kwan (1919-1975) in The Chinese University of Hong Kong and the University of Oxford. Hong Kong: Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2013.
3. (Project Director and Co-editor) Uncover the Past: Chinese painting and calligraphy at the Seattle Art Museum (http://chinesepainting.seattleartmuseum.org).
4. (Ed.) Writing Modern Chinese Art. Seattle: University of Washington Press, 2009.
1. “Rethinking Gao Jianfu: Idea before the Brush.” Arts of Asia, vol. 44.2 (March-April 2014), pp. 122-131.
2. “The Stone Altar in Ming and Qing Mausoleums.” In Wu Hung ed. Studies on Ancient Tomb Art, vol. II. Changsha: Hunan meishu chubanshe, 2013, pp. 359-375.
3. “The Rise of Sang de Boeuf ceramics.” In Shelagh Vainker ed. A Life in Chinese Art. Oxford: Ashmolean Museum of Art and Archaeology, 2012.
4. “From the Forgotten Garden: Wang Huaiqing’s Art, Life and World.” In Tiantian Wang ed. Wang Huaiqing: A Painter’s Painter in Contemporary China. Ediciones Polígrafa, 2011.
5. “The Blue in Qi Baishi’s Blue Mountains: On a landscape in the Collection of Professor Michael Sullivan.” In Wang Mingming ed. Qi Baishi Guoji taolunhui lunwenji. Beijing: Wenhua yishu chubanshe, 2010.
6. “Wen Zhengming’s Poem to the Painting ‘Sunset on the Jin and Jiao Mountains’.” (translated into Japanese) In Yukiko Shirahara ed. Luminous Jewels: Masterpieces of Asian Art from the Seattle Art Museum, Japan: Yomiuri Shimbun and Mitsumura Printing Co., Ltd., 2009, pp. 57-61.
7. “On the Origin of the Garniture de Cheminée.” (peer-reviewed) Journal of American Ceramic Circle, vol. 15, 2009, pp. 11-23.
8. “Art History in the Making.” Apollo: the International Magazine for Collectors, May 2008, pp. 52-57.