The Research Institute of the Humanities (RIH) of the Faculty of Arts at CUHK launches the 2023-25 Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme to support the development of RIH, as well as to foster excellence in research.
The two-year postdoctoral fellowships will begin in August 2023. The Programme supports researchers in their early career development. Fellows will work on a major research project, to attend RIH events, and to participate in the intellectual life in the Faculty of Arts at CUHK.
Eligibility & Benefits
- Applicants must have their doctoral degree conferred by the time of appointment, but should be no more than three years beyond receipt of the doctoral degree.
- The fellowship appointment is non-renewable and cannot be held concurrently with other fellowships or academic positions.
- Salary will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Fellows will also be eligible for research support for attending conferences and for other scholarly activities.
How to apply
- Applicants should submit a cover letter, current CV, a research statement of no more than 1,000 words, a 25-page writing sample, and a list of 3 referees.
- Applications will be accepted online through the portal at the CUHK Human Resources Website.
- The application deadline is 19 February 2023.
RIH has been serving as an independent research arm of the Faculty of Arts to enhance the performance of humanities research. In the foreseeable future, RIH will be seen playing a more pivotal role in fostering exchanges and collaborations, particularly cross-disciplinary exchanges with the potential to breed collaborative research projects or shed lights on new research directions.