The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) now invites HKPFS applications for 2021-22:
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS)
- Established by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC) in 2009.
- Aims to attract the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD programmes in Hong Kong’s universities.
- Provides a monthly stipend of HK$26,600 (approx. US$3,410) and a conference travel allowance of HK$13,300 (approx. US$1,700) per year during the normative study period for up to three years.
CUHK Vice-Chancellor HKPFS Scholarship
- Offers HKPFS awardees a tuition fee waiver for their whole normative study period.
- Provides an award of HK$40,000 (approx. US$5,130) for lodging in the first year of study and HK$20,000 in the subsequent years within the normative study period.
- The on-campus hostel fee will be waived in the first year of study.
- Guaranteed on-campus accommodation during the normative period of study to HKPFS awardees who submit timely applications.
- For HKPFS awardees with a normative study period of four years, CUHK provides stipend and conference travel allowance at HKPFS level for the fourth year.
More information can be found: https://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk/admissions/scholarships-fees/hkpfs
Apply here: https://www.gradsch.cuhk.edu.hk/OnlineApp/login_email.aspx
Application deadline: 1 December 2020