In addition to the general requirements of the Graduate School, applicants should have majored in Fine Arts. Consideration will also be given to applicants who have minored in Fine Arts and those who have majored in related fields. Applicant should:
– submit a written statement (no less than 1000 words, written in English / Chinese) explaining the purpose of their application and the focus of their academic / artistic interest.
– submit a portfolio of 10-15 original art works (in a SINGLE pdf file with file size not exceeding 5MB).
– attend an interview if shortlisted.
1. Submit Online Application Form (https://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk/admissions/programme/arts#master-of-fine-arts) and upload the following documents:
i. Copies of degree certificates
ii. Copies of transcripts (with grading scheme)
iii. Documents showing the applicant has fulfilled the Graduate School’s English Language Proficiency Requirement
iv. Copies of Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate issued by the CHESICC*
v. Copies of identity card or passport
vi. Confidential Recommendations from TWOreferees (Applicants are required to invite the referees to complete the Confidential Recommendations Report through the Online Application System)
2. Upload the following additional application materials to the Division’s application materials collection platform. The applicants will be contacted individually for the submission details by email before the application deadline.
i. A written statement
ii. A portfolio of 10-15 original art works
3. Arrange the following officialdocuments to be sent directly by the university or the test organization to the office of Division of Fine Arts before the application deadline. (Please write the application number, the name of programme applied and name of applicant on the envelope.)
i. Official Transcripts from the university attended by applicants
ii. Original copy of English proficiency proof# (if needed)
*Applicants who obtained degrees from universities in Mainland China are required to provide an Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate (教育部學歷證書電子註冊備案表) issued by the CHESICC (學信網) together with other supporting documents. Please refer to the official website of the CHESICC on the sample of the Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate at https://www.chsi.com.cn/xlcx/bgys.jsp.
# For TOFEL / IELTS, only the original valid official score report sent directly from the respective test organization to the Office of the Division of Fine Arts will be accepted. Original examinee’s score report will not be accepted.