CHOW Chun Fai
B.A. & M.F.A. (CUHK)
Chow Chun Fai graduated from the Department of Fine Arts (BA and MFA), the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He is currently Chairman of Fotanian Artist Village. In 2012 he ran the election in the Sports, Performing Arts, Culture and Publication constituency of the Hong Kong Legislative Council. His recent exhibitions include Liverpool Biennial, and Saatchi Gallery. Received awards include “Hong Kong Arts Centre 30th Anniversary Award Grand Prize”, and “the Sovereign Asian Art Prize”.
1. CHOW Chun Fai: I Have Something to Say, Hanart TZ Gallery, Hong Kong, 2013.
2. Cultural Rights – Artist Running An Election, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, 2013.
3. Reproduction of Reproduction, Hanart TZ Gallery, Hong Kong, 2013.
4. Not Fine Art, Hanart TZ Gallery, Hong Kong, 2009.
5. Shanghai Tan – Paintings by CHOW Chun Fai, Galleria dell’Arco, Shanghai, 2008.
6. Paintings by CHOW Chun Fai, ViennaFair, Vienna, 2008.
7. Paintings by CHOW Chun Fai, China International Gallery Exposition, Beijing, 2008.
8. Paintings, Videos and Photography by CHOW Chun Fai, Hanart TZ Gallery, Hong Kong, 2008.
9. Significance Form: Paintings by CHOW Chun Fai, GrottoFineart, Hong Kong, 2005.
10. Paintings by CHOW Chun Fai, State of Arts Gallery, Hong Kong, 2005.
11. Painting, Grass, Ceiling – Paintings by Chow Chun-Fai, Hong Kong Art Centre, Hong Kong, 2003.
1. The Past Continuing, Hong Kong Heritage Museum, Hong Kong, 2015.
2. All Are Guests – Homecoming, Hong Kong Museum of Art, Hong Kong, 2014.
3. Light And Shadows – Caravaggio – The Italian Baroque Master, Asia Society, Hong Kong, 2014.
4. This Slow‧That Fast: Animamix Biennale, Run Run Shaw Creative Media Centre, Hong Kong, 2014.
5. Art Basel Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 2013.
6. Hong Kong Eye, Saatchi Gallery, London, 2012.
7. Liverpool Biennial, Liverpool, 2012.
8. Chongqing Biennale for Young Artists, Chongqing Art Museum/ Sichuan Academy of Fine Arts, Chongqing & Sichuan, 2011.
9. Legacy and Creations-Art vs Art, MOCA, Shanghai, 2010.
10. Installation and Sculpture about FungShui, Wooferten, Hong Kong, 2010.
11. Butterfly Effect, He Xiang Ning Art Museum, China, 2010.
12. VIENNAFAIR, Vienna, 2009.
13. Art Brussels, Traversee Gallery, Munich, 2009.
14. Second Skin, Osage Gallery, Singapore, 2009.
15. Charming Experience, Hong Kong Museum of Art, Hong Kong, 2009.
16. Effetto Stalker#2, Galleria dell’Arco, Palermo, 2008.
17. Beautiful Journey Beautiful World, West Kowloon Cultural District, Hong Kong, 2008.
18. The Pivotal Decade: Hong Kong Art, Manchester, 2007.
19. China’s Next Wave, Munich, 2007.
20. Reversing Horizons, MOCA, Shanghai, 2007.