CHU Tai Shing Nicky
B.A. (Portsmouth), M. A. (Lancaster), D. Phil. (Lancaster)
Dr. Chu Tai Shing Nick received his B.A. (Portsmouth), M.A. and PhD. (Lancaster) all in the area of Cultural Studies. Having taught a range of Cultural Studies courses in various institutions in Hong Kong, he enjoys introducing to the Fine Art students here at the Chinese University of Hong Kong topics of classic and contemporary Cultural Theories, critical reflections in arts and life. He admires the German cultural critic Walter Benjamin, philosopher Schelling and neo-Confucian Xiong Shili. His current research interest is in Hong Kong culture history and political theology.
1. Wenhua de Zongjiaoxing: Ben Yaming, Jiada Moer, Lewei Nasi de Wenhua Lilun (Religiosity of Cultures: Cultural theories of Walter Benjamin, Hans-Georg Gadamer and Emmanuel Lévinas). Hong Kong: Daofeng Shushe, 2010.
2. (Ed.) Focus on Current Issues. Hong Kong: Witness Press, 1986-1988
1. “A book review on Agamben’s The Time that Remains”, Fleurs des Lettres, Vol. 36 (Mar-Apr 2012)
2. “Overlapping Reflection and Reflection of Reflection: The Search for the Absolute in Slavoj Zizek’s Theory of Cultural and Christian Religion”, Logos & Pneuma: Chinese Journal of Theology, Vol. 34 (Spring 2011)
3. “Research Method and Church Planting” In Lee, K.L. ed. Church Planting Manual. Hong Kong: Witness Press, 1988, pp.43-53.
1. “Pop Culture, Youth Culture and Pastoral Work” In “Pastoral Conference Series IV” organized by Divinity School of Chung Chi College, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, November, 2011.
1. “Episode 7: Theory of Sociology.” SS111C Foundation of Social Science: Psychology and Sociology organized by Open University of Hong Kong, May, 2002.