CHUNG Tai Fu
B.A. (CUHK), M.F.A. (Tokyo University of the Arts)
Tai Fu Chung graduated with a BA degree from the Fine Arts Department at the Chinese University of Hong Kong and a MFA degree at the Tokyo National University of Fine Art and Music in 1990. He has won awards in a number of international exhibitions. They are the Drawing award and the Printmaking Award of the Hong Kong Contemporary Art Biennial 1985 and 89; the Honorable Mention Award of both the 6th Seoul International Print Biennial and the 5th International Biennial Print Exhibition, ROC Taiwan; Printmaker of the Year Award sponsored by the Hong Kong Artists’ Guild in 1992; and the Silver Award of The Tokyo International Print Exhibition 1993. He has held solo Art exhibition In Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Tokyo, London and Vancouver. His works are collected by private and the Art Museum. Now he stays in Vancouver, Canada.
1. Neuberg ArtSpace Hong Kong, JCCAC, Shek Kip Mei, Hong Kong, 2012
2. Seymour Art Gallery, North Vancouver, 2007.
3. Chung Tai Fu – Dreams and Visions, The Asian Collection, Tokyo, 2007.
4. Migratory Birds—Hong Kong painting by Chung Tai-fu, The American Club, Hong Kong, 1999.
5. Solo Art Exhibition in Commemoration of the 40th Anniversary of the Department of Fine Arts, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Artland Gallery, Hong Kong, 1997.
6. Chung Tai-fu’s Recent Works, Hong Kong Museum of Arts, Hong Kong, 1996.
7. Wandering into Nature by Chung Tai-fu, Alisan fine Arts Ltd., Hong Kong, 1994.
8. Solo Art Exhibition, Charlotte Horstmann and Gerald Godfrey Ltd, London, 1994.
9. Prints Exhibition by Chung Tai-fu, Galeria da Direccao dos Servicos de Turismo, Macau, 1994.
10. From the Bottom of My Heart – Chung Tai-fu, Shenn’s Gallery, Singapore, 1992.
11. Print Exhibition of Chung Tai-fu, Exterior store windows of Tiffany & Co. of New York Ltd. At Landmark, the Peninsula Hotel & Tsimshatsui Mitsukoshi Department Store, Hong Kong, 1991.
12. Chung Tai-fu Solo Art Exhibition, Gallery Nagai, Ginza, 1990.
13. Chung Tai-fu’s Recent Work, Gallery Triform, Taipei, 1989.
14. Print Exhibition by Chung Tai-fu, Gallery Natsuhiko, Tokyo, 1989.
15. Chung Tai-fu’s Work on Paper, Alisan Fine Arts Ltd., Hong Kong, 1988.
1. Gaze of Sin, Koo Ming Kown Gallery, Communication and Visual Arts Building, Hong Kong Baptist University, 2015.
2. Melting Pot, Run Run Shaw Creative Media Centre, The City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong,2013.
3. Art show 2008 / Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, Chinese Christian Mission of Canada, Burnaby, Canada, 2008.
4. Dr. N. Bethune Fine Art and Stamp Exhibition, Hilliwack Museum, Chilliwack, 2008.
5. Art show 2007, Chinese Christian Mission of Canada, Burnaby, 2007
6. The 12th International Biennial Print and Drawing Exhibition ROC, National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts, Taiwan, 2006.
7. “These are made for walking” DISCOVERY 2006 ARTISTS, Seymour Art Gallery, North Vancouver, Canada, 2006.
8. The 4th Biennial International Miniature Print Exhibition, Federation Gallery, Dundarave Print Workshop, Vancouver, 2006.
9. MEGart STORE not for sale, Hong Kong Heritage Museum, Hong Kong, 2006.
10. Travel Art Show 2005, Chinese Christian Mission of Canada & Chinese Cultural Center, Burnaby & Calgarh, 2005.
11. Invitational Exhibition of Taiwan/ International Mini-print, National University Gallery, Taiwan, 2004.
12. “Print Show” By 8 Canadian Chinese Artists, Chinese Christian Mission of Canada, Burnaby, 2004.
13. “Cheng Ming in all direction” 40 year of Art, The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Hong Kong Arts Center, Hong Kong, 2003.
14. Arts Center 25 and Beyond, Hong Kong Art Center, Hong Kong, 2001.
15. Hong Kong Artists Exhibition, Wan Chai District Council, Wan Chai District Arts Cultural Recreational and Sport Association, Hong Kong, 2001.
16. The Power of the Line IIIby contemporary artists from New York, Beijing, Taiwan, Hong Kong, New York, 2000.
17. “Visóes E Expressóes” Artistas Contemporáneos de Hong Kong, Instituto Cultural de Macau, Macau, 1999.
18. Trigram Choice of International Artists, Trigram Gallery, Hong Kong, 1999.
19. Build the Future of Hong Kong with Action and Vision, Rotary Club, Hong Kong, 1999.
20. Reunion and Vision – Contemporary Hong Kong Art 1997, The Hong Kong Museum of Art, Hong Kong, 1999.
LECTURES & WORKSHOPS
1. “Mineral pigment painting” organized by Hong Kong Art School, 07-09 April, 2012.
2. “Watermark Woodcut Print Workshop” organized by Hong Kong Visual Art center, 18 February-21 April, 2012.
3. “Hong Kong Old Shops” organized by Hong Kong Design Institute, 3 February-30 March, 2012.
4. “Relief print workshop” organized by Hong Kong Museum of Arts, 27 April-20 May, 2011.
5. “Insight” organized by Hong Kong Design Institute, 28 March-6 May, 2011.
6. “Mandarin Magazine Television Interview” organized by OMNI TV Canada, 29 November, 2008.
7. “Artist Explain – Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow” organized by Chinese Christian Mission of Canada, 6 February, 2008.
8. “The Art of Modern Painting” organized by Chinese Christian Mission of Canada, 24 February, 2007.
9. “Sharing the experience of being and Art teacher” organized by Chinese Christian Mission of Canada, 4 November, 2006.
10. “Leisure Talk. Television Interview” organized by Fairchild TV Canada, 11 July, 2006.
11. “Demonstration and lecture on the Art of Printmaking” organized by Chinese Christian Mission of Canada, 31 January, 2004.
12. “The Problems which a Professional Artist in Hong Kong Have To Face” organized by The Hong Kong Institute of Education, 12 June, 1998.
13. “Art for Life Summer Camp 1996” organized by Student Affairs, The University of Hong Kong, 24 – 29 June, 1996.
14. ”Artist Explain/Gallery Talk” organized by Hong Kong Museum of Arts, 20 January, 1996.
15. “Talk on Paper Making, Paper Pulping” organized by Grantham Campus, The Hong Kong Institute of Education, 13 December, 1994.
16. “Printmaking Workshop” Workshop series “Winter Art School” organized by The Friends of the Hong Kong Museum of Art, 4-5 January, 1994.
17. “Behind the Creation of Prints” organized by Arts Library of Hong Kong Urban Council, 5 November, 1993.
18. “Printmaking Workshop” Workshop series “Summer Art School” organized by Friends of the Hong Kong Museum of Art, 17 July-25 August, 1993.
19. “Workshop on the Teaching of Printmaking with Etching Press” organized by Cultural Crafts Center, Education Department, Hong Kong, 15-16 July, 1993.
20. “Contemporary Japanese Print” organized by Fundacáo Oriente Gallery, 18 December, 1991.