PAU Mo Ching
B.A. (CUHK), M.F.A. (CUHK)
PAU was born in Hong Kong. She has been attracted by the unique Chinese brushwork while she was an amateur painter and went to Hangzhou learning Chinese painting in the China National Academy of Fine Arts. After returning to Hong Kong, Pau studied in the Chinese University of Hong Kong, completed the BA (2001) and the Master course in Fine Art (2005). In these recent years, she is teaching Chinese seal carving and Chinese painting in different academies also the art programs hold by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department. Pau is continuing her art making mainly in Chinese painting and seal carving too.
1. Fangcun yiwai: Bao Muzhezhen yinxuan (Out of Square: Selected Seals of PAU Mo Ching). Hong Kong: PAU Mo Ching, 2009.
TALK / WORKSHOPS
1. “Seal Carving Workshop.” “The Bei Shan Tang Legacy Chinese Calligraphy Exhibition” organized by Art Museum, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, June, 2014.
2. “Content of Seals by Contemporary Seal Artists.” organized by Flagstaff House Museum of Tea Ware, Hong Kong, February, 2011.
3. “Appreciation of Chinese Pictorial Seals.” organized by Flagstaff House Museum of Tea Ware, Hong Kong, February, 2007.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1. Dean’s List 2000-2001 for outstanding academic performance, Faculty of Arts, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2001.
2. Dean’s List (Merit) 1999 for outstanding academic performance, New Asia College, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, 1999.