TSE Yim On
B.A. & M.F.A. (CUHK)
Tse Yim On graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from the Department of Fine Arts at the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 1998, and pursued his Master Degree (MFA) in 2001. He has been appointed Arts Advisor and Examiner to the Hong Kong Arts Development Council. He taught in the Beijing Normal University as Part-time Lecturer at, as well as Guest Lecturer in HKPU, Guest Instructor in the HKMA, HKVAC and HKHM, and as Part-time Lecturer in the CUSCS, before joining the Department of Fine Arts, CUHK, in 2012. He teaches drawing fundamental. His works have been exhibiting in Hong Kong, Paris, Manchester, Tokyo, Taipei, Singapore, Seoul ,Gdańsk, and Tel Aviv, especially those staged to illustrate existing social issues. He was awarded the Hong Kong Urban Council Award in 1998.
1. Flaneur, iPreciation, Singapore, 2013.
2. Mongkok Library, iPreciation Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 2012.
3. Great Righteousness Resolving Confusion, iPreciation Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 2010.
4. I Have a Beautiful World Because I Love You ─ Works by Tse Yim On, Para/site-Central, Hong Kong, 2003.
5. MFA Graduate exhibition, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2001.
6. HK Book Exhibition 98 ─ Mixed Media Paintings by Tse Yim On, Hong Kong Cultural Centre, Hong Kong, 1998.
7. Perusing Culture ─ Paintings by Tse Yim On, Para/site-Central, Hong Kong, 1998.
1. Excursion to the readings — Recent works of Tse Yim On & Terrence Heung, Para/site-Central, Hong Kong, 2005.
2. General Reading — works of Tse Yim On & Yeung Hok Tak, SD Gallery, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, 2003.
3. Image in the Door — Paintings By Tse Yim On & Ng Tsz Kwan, Hong Kong Cultural Centre, Hong Kong, 1997.
1. Art Paris Grand Palais, Avenue Winston Churchill, Paris, 2015.
2. From longing to belonging, Laznia Centre for Contemporary Art, Poland, 2014.
3. Fotanian Open Studio 2012, Wilson Shieh’s Studio, Hong Kong, 2012.
4. Four Symbols · Eight Faces, iPreciation Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 2012.
5. Painting On and On – The Repository of Coherent Babbles, Southsite, Hong Kong, 2012.
6. HK ARTcomics 2011, Artist Commune, Hong Kong, 2011.
7. Octopus- Nine Contemporary Artists from Hong Kong, Hanina contemporary art, Israel, 2011.
8. You Are Here, I Am Not, Osage Kwun Tong, Hong Kong, 2010.
9. iPreciation Hong Kong new open exhibition, iPreciation Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 2009.
10. Blindness & Insight: Visions from the East Ye Jian Qing, Budi Ubrux & Tse Yim On The Rotunda, Exchange Square, Central, Hong Kong, 2009.
11. The Pivotal Decade: Hong Hong Art 1997-2007, Pao’s Gallery, Hong Kong Art Centre, Hong Kong, 2008.
12. CHiE! – Culture sieges Politics, Osage Kwun Tong, Hong Kong, 2008.
13. Asia Art Archive New Open Exhibition Asia Art Archive, Hong Kong, 2007.
14. Korea International Art Fair (KIAF), COEX Exhibition and Convention Center, Seoul, 2007.
15. Art Taipei 2 Taipei Show, (former Taipei World Trade Center II), Taiwan, 2007.
16. The Pivotal Decade: Hong Hong Art 1997-2007, Chinese Arts entre, Manchester, 2007.
17. Talkover/Handover — dialogues on HK Art 10 years after 1997, 1a space, Hong Kong, 2007.
18. Mapping Asia — The 18th Asia International Art Exhibition (AIAE), Hong Kong Heritage Museum, Hong Kong, 2004.
19. A Time Like this…— SARS Exhibition, Pao’s Gallery, Hong Kong Art Centre, Hong Kong, 2003.
20. A Rhapsody on the Theme of SARS Special Exhibition — States of Mind Amid SARS, The Exhibition Hall Kwang Hwa Information and Culture Center, Hong Kong, 2003.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1. Urban Council Award, Contemporary Hong Kong Art Biennial Exhibition 1998, Hong Kong Museum of Art, Hong Kong, 1998.