(Apply here: https://cuhk.taleo.net/careersection/cu_career_non_teach/jobdetail.ftl?job=170000H2)
The Department of Fine Arts (FAA) and the Art Museum (AM) of The Chinese University of Hong Kong, jointly invite applications for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Chinese art history.
The successful applicant will play an important part together with a team FAA postgraduate students under the supervision of a Principal Investigator (PI) in the research project “The Bei Shan Tang Legacy: Chinese Painting”. The project is a study of a selection of about 100 Chinese paintings dating from the Song to the Qing dynasties that were gifts made by the Bei Shan Tang to the AM. Its main outputs will be presented in the form of a scholarly catalogue and an exhibition.
The fellow is expected to work closely with FAA and AM on the project “The Bei Shan Tang Legacy: Chinese Painting”. He/she will be responsible for:
1. Conducting research on selected paintings in the Bei Shan Tang collection;
2. Assisting the PI in the production of a project catalogue;
3. Contributing to curatorial work of the project exhibition;
4. Engaging in academic activities of FAA and AM; and
5. Teaching one course or seminar of his/her specialization for FAA.
Applicants should have a PhD degree within five years after the obtainment of the degree. A curriculum vitae should also be submitted with the online application.
Appointment will be made on contract basis for one year commencing May 2017, renewable subject to mutual agreement.
Closing Date: 17 April 2017